Chick Tract of the Day

Thursday, August 18, 2011

When we've grow apart

Though I am young, I've realized the impact of growing in the Spirit. When you have advanced and are willing to act more like Christ when you don't want to, you are showing the Holy Spirit and His work in you. You might have started out with completely godly friends, but a lot of times when they start to go to the "Christian Colleges" that compromise on God's Word, they start reading Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life" and they start having what I call "Hippie Dippie" views. You have grown apart. I have experience in this, Forgiveness is important everyone in Christ's eyes needs forgiveness, but restoration is the next step. When you say God 'I won't forgive or restore!' You better watch out for lightning because when you say NO to the Almighty God there will be consequences, it may not be today, the moment you do it, it may come much later, but I can guarantee that when it does happen you'll be asking for forgiveness, you'll be asking for God to restore you. I find this the most irritating because no one is above reproach! I'm not and no one on this Earth either! Those I was close with got in touch with the contemporary music that implies it's about God, but doesn't directly say His name, reading the purpose driven life to find out what God put you on this earth when you've sat in sermons that were straight from God's Word telling you your purpose, and feeling that because they were broken in the past they were restored, but not giving the chance to someone else...This is when you know you've grown apart. Christ will always forgive, restore, but don't go looking for this if you can't forgive and restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment