Chick Tract of the Day

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Growing up

It's been forever since I've written. Since the last time I've written, I have celebrated my 1 year anniversary and had my baby Allison. So needless to say I've been busy! I've had lots of time to think about growing and maturing in the Lord, which determines my growth/maturity in life.
  I've been given a big responsibility as a wife and mother. The whole purpose of this blog was to talk about becoming the godly woman whom God meant for us to be. Learning how to be gracious, a hard worker, kind, loving and all the attributes that the Proverbs 31 woman was. But, she is not the only one who exhibits these, nope, you do if you are in Christ. Her attitude and ways of living are the fruits of the Spirit.
 At church, our Sunday School class has been studying Galatians 5 about the fruits we bear if we don't walk with the Lord and the fruits of those who do. When we walk with the Lord we will show forth love, longsuffering (patience), mercy, gentleness, meekness, goodness, faith, temperance, and joy. When we start straying from the Lord we become vile.
   Being aware of my sin makes me be a better everything. Why? Because I am an example to my husband and my daughter. My relationship with God effects everything I do and affects whom ever I am around. How I carry myself in front of the lost and how I act around home, family and friends affects how they perceive my God. I, whether I like it or not, have to accept the Bible and follow His commandments. God says, If we love him we will keep His commandments. So do we love Him enough to do so?
   My daughter has taught me so much. Even before she entered into the world I was learning that I couldn't be a childish person. My faith should be child-like, yet my life should be just as His. I have learned to be a bit more understanding, being careful of how I speak of others, because I wouldn't want her to say or do things that are contradictory to God. In order for her to know God, she will have to see Him in our home, see Him in our lives and hear about Him. God should be our everything, He literally should be a daily guest in our homes.
   So prayer is important, I don't pray as I should. I am ashamed that I haven't been the Christian that God wants me to be. Having a baby makes you realize you need all of the attributes above. Nothing prepares you for motherhood, you can babysit all you like, but nothing is like being a mom to your own child. Christ looks at us and sees us just as children. The way I look at my daughter, is how he looks at me. He is patient with me, I thank Him for that. He is good, He is all that He says He is!
As I learn more, I will be writing and keeping my thoughts written down.Until next time ~Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment