Chick Tract of the Day

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's Through the Blood

This song is one that fits into all my moods. It was written by Jeremy Simpson.
  When I think of Heaven--
    And all the sights I'll see--
      The walls of jasper, gates of pearl, the clear and golden streets
     Why should I be present?
       Why should I enter in?
        After all the sinful living and the wicked one I've been.
    Verse 2:
           In the presence of Jehovah as I stand before His throne
               The Accuser of the brethren starts to read the things I've done
                  As I hear the awful charges--
                      This question fills my mind,"Why should I not be cast in Hell to suffer for all time?"
Chorus:
   It's through the blood
    That's all I have to plea
     It's through the blood
     That Jesus shed for me
      Not by mine own works of righteousness
     for filthy rags are they
    But, because of that old rugged tree
       hanging on dark Calvary
       that is my only plea--
     It's through the blood
Verse 3:
   When I'm walking through a valley
    and I feel there's no way out
   When the winds of sorrow threaten me
     and they turn my world around.
    That's when I look to Jesus
    and the price He paid for me
   I can lift my hands in praise to Him
   and shout the victory
(Repeat chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment